COVID-19 Response Plan:
The health and well-being of our people and clients is paramount. Veterinary services are considered essential services by governments around the world due to the importance the role’s veterinarians play in ensuring bio security, surgical and emergency services to ill and injured animals. To help us remain fully operational we ask the following:
**Waiting area is now closed**
- Arrival – Stay in vehicle (cats must be in a cage, dogs on a lead)
- Call reception 093613500 for contactless handover
- Nurse collects pet outside
- Pet get’s fussed over with treats and TLC
- Vet starts consult, calls owner for history and to discuss plan of treatment
- Reception will call you for over the phone payment
- Pet is delivered back to client outside
- If your pet is to be admitted to stay with us, a member of staff will come to greet you for admission.
- Discharges will be given via phone or email to avoid lengthy social interactions.
- If you have travelled internationally or domestically, unwell or self-isolating we ask that you call us before you collect and drop your cat off to us.
- We will organise a contactless hand over & over the phone payment.
- Ideally we advise you to arrange a friend or family member to collect.
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY
Please try to call us before arriving – this will ensure someone is available to help your pet readily.
FOR SELF ISOLATION OR UNWELL CLIENTS
- If you are sick or displaying any flu/cold symptoms we respectfully ask you to not come in to the clinic. We do not want to put our staff or other clients at risk so will not be consulting with anyone who has these symptoms. Please contact us if you require urgent vet care and we can discuss alternative options.
OTHER IMPORTANT CHANGES:
- Please make yourself familiar with our new opening hours
- We have put extra hygiene practices in place, all clinic areas are thoroughly cleaned with a disinfectant that effectively inactivates Covid-19.
- Call us for initial advice and we will guide you from there.
- We encourage over the phone payments.
- We require all consults to be booked in advance.
- One person per patient per visit.
- For pets with minor health issues, ongoing medical conditions we have a phone consultation option available.
- We ask that you use hand sanitiser before using our Eftpos terminal, and going through into your consultation.
- We will no longer be doing home calls.
- We can can courier food and medication to you and can organise an over the payment.
- As much as we enjoy our walk in visits from you all – we ask to call ahead for collection of food/medication to process over the phone payments and pick ups outside of the clinic.
- If you have an appointment for your pet for a health check, vaccination or if they are unwell, please weigh up how urgent it is. It’s important you keep up with your pet’s health regime at your own safety.