COVID-19 Response Plan:
The health and well-being of our people and clients is paramount. Veterinary services are considered essential services by governments around the world due to the importance the role’s veterinarians play in ensuring bio security, surgical and emergency services to ill and injured animals. To help us remain fully operational we ask the following:
Level 2 Changes
From 14th May Level 2 protocols will commence in VetCare Grey Lynn. At Alert level 2, we can provide a full range of veterinary services with strict cleaning, disinfecting and social distancing practices. Our reception will not be a waiting room area. Any interaction with staff MUST adhere to 1 metre distance.
Our Visiting Process: (you MUST PRE-BOOK before visiting us)
- Arrival – Stay in vehicle (cats must be in a cage, dogs on a lead).
- MUST call reception 09-3613500 and answer our questionnaire.
- We will advise you on when you can enter with your pet.
- ONE CLIENT per CONSULT (children advised to stay home unless absolutely necessary).
- Use our hand sanitiser before entering the building.
- Enter clinic on the LEFT side follow arrows up to consult room.
- Once consult finished travel down to reception for payment (NO CASH).
- Hand sanitise before exiting.
- Exit on RIGHT side following arrows.
Admissions & Discharges:
- If your pet is to be admitted to stay with us, a member of staff will do the admission over the phone (unless vet needed for admission) and come outside to collect your pet.
- Discharges by vet will be same process as visiting process or via phone or email.
- We will be able to do cat hotel staycations!
- Admissions: Via phone on arrival, nurse to collect your cat from outside.
- Discharges: Via phone to process payment and bring your cat outside.
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY
Please try to call us before arriving – this will ensure someone is available to help your pet readily.
FOR SELF ISOLATING OR UNWELL CLIENTS
- If you are sick or displaying any flu/cold symptoms we respectfully ask you to not come to the clinic. We do not want to put our staff or other clients at risk so will not be consulting with anyone who has these symptoms. Please contact us if you require urgent vet care and we can discuss alternative options.
Food, Medication and other purchases:
- MUST call and arrange prior to arrival.
- Process payment over the phone.
- On arrival we will bring this outside for collection.
OTHER IMPORTANT CHANGES:
- Our opening hours Mon-Fri 8am-6:30pm & Sat 8am-1pm.
- The Telemedicine service is available, for more information click here.
- We have an online delivery service or a call & collect service for food, parasite control and medications.
- Our extra hygiene practices are still in place, including PPE, all clinic areas are thoroughly cleaned with a disinfectant that effectively inactivates Covid-19 between every client visit in the clinic.
- Call us for initial advice and we will guide you from there.
- Contactless payments only – NO CASH.
- All consults are to be booked in advance.
- We will no longer be doing house calls.
- No hospital patient or cattery visits.